WHO ARE WE?
The Society of St. Vincent dePaul is a non profit organization. The Prudenville Conference is made up of over 60 volunteers and 15 staff members from many faiths, races, ages and ethnicities. We strive for spiritual growth by assisting the poor in our community. We do this through Client Services, the Thrift Store, the Café and Recycling.
WHO DO WE SERVE?
We assist needy people from all faiths (or none), all ages, all races and all ethnicities from the Greater Houghton Lake and Prudenville area. We provide food, clothing, personal hygiene items, household items, furniture and financial assistance.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Client Services provides emergency food, clothing furniture, diapers and household goods. Financial assistance is given for rent, utilities, medicines and sometimes transportation. We help clients in maneuvering through the complex world of bureaucracy.
- The Thrift Store not only raises money for client services, but allows those of limited income the chance to buy what they need at a low price. Furthermore, they get a chance to help others, because: “Your purchase today helps the needy tomorrow”.
- Recycling our landfills are full of our discarded objects. By donating usable items to the Thrift Store, the usable life is continued, keeping them out of landfills. Clothing and shoes that are stained, ripped etc. can be recycled for sale to bulk purchasers.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
We have over 60 dedicated volunteers and 15 staff members who work as a competent team to get things done. Moreover, our buildings were specifically designed for our work. WE can be efficient in processing donations and in getting items to those who need them.
- We don’t work alone. We cooperate with other SVDP conferences, churches, social and civic groups, government agencies, and charitable groups – all to get people the assistance needed.
- Your Generous Monetary Donations
- Those who donate to our Client Services are donating to a tax free charitable organization. All monetary donations are used for the needy in our community.
- The Thrift Store
- Items donated to the Thrift Store are sold. The money generated over costs of operation, goes to Client Services.
- Items We Accept for Donation
- Clothing, shoes, bedding dishes, ect.TV’s (Working & Cable Ready)Working large and small appliancesClean & Reusable Furniture & Mattresses (At Management & Drivers Discretion)
- Items Not Accepted
- Computers & Printers, Black & White, Console or Projection TV’s, Organs & Pianos